From a walk around the hotel exploring its ancient walls, to a 14-day trek across the longest hiking trail in the Caribbean, Dominica offers rich rewards for anyone who loves to explore.
- Every room contains a unique guidebook to the hotel’s heritage written by Dominica’s leading culture expert Lennox Honeychurch. Walk among the ancient walls and feel the stories he recounts come alive.
- Stroll past the Victorian buildings that line the boardwalk from the hotel and in a couple of minutes you are at the market – where the island meets to swap fresh food and locally made goods and catch up on what’s going on.
- Watch a game of cricket across the road in the Botanical Gardens.
- Stretch your legs trekking up to one of the hundreds of waterfalls; exploring Morne Trois Pitons national park, the only natural World Heritage site in the Caribbean, or train your binoculars to spot our 170 species of bird.
- Immerse yourself in our history at one of the colonial forts, or with a visit to the Kalinago territory, where you can learn about life here before Columbus from one of the last remaining groups of indigenous Carib Indians in all the Caribbean.
- Hike a lot (or a little) of the Waitukubuli trail – 14 sections that are each achievable in a few hours,and all together traverse the entire island.
- Kayak along jungle rivers, following the path of Johnny Depp in the Pirates of the Caribbean.
- And although we’ve got more than enough to keep even the most inquisitive of travellers busy throughout their stay, if you fancy a change of island scene you can hop over to Guadeloupe, St Lucia or Martinique for a day or more, embarking at the ferry port found just a few hundred metres from the hotel bar….