The Fort Young is perfectly placed for anyone looking for the best in diving vacations. Not only do we have a fully equipped onsite dive shop, but our private jetty enables our dive boats to pick you up from the hotel – and many of the best dive sites are less than 20 minutes by boat from the Fort Young.
Highlights available while staying with us include:
- Scuba dive or snorkel amongst the volcanic bubbles at Champagne.
- Swim the Scotts Head Marine Reserve, a vast submerged volcanic crater, with huge drop-offs and walls, soaring pinnacles, bubbling underwater fumaroles, all teeming with aquatic life.
- Make friends with giant barracudas, sea turtles and sting rays at the curiously named Suburbs dive site.
- Discover dazzling and rare underwater creatures such as frogfish, flying gurnards, flamingo tongue snails, golden crinoids and Caribbean reef squid.
- Explore the mysterious 18th century wreck at Cottage Point
- Swim through the pinnacle at Scott’s Head Reef to enter a volcanic crater on the other side.
- Above water you can also view whales and dolphins. Sperm whales come to breed in the waters around Dominica, and these are just one of the 22 species of cetacean identified in our waters. Whalewatching trips also leave direct from our jetty.
Dive Vacation Packages
We offer a range of packages for divers:
- Our Seven Night Dive Package includes; 7 nights, full breakfast everyday; 5 days of two tank dives; weights and belts and transfers.
- Our 5 Night Dive Vacation Package includes 5 days, full breakfast everyday, three days of two tank dives, weights and belts and transfers.
- Non Diver package rates are also available.
- See our Dive Package Specials here
- And check our Special Offers page too!