About Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort
Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort is Dominica’s landmark four-star waterfront destination sited in a prime location along the Caribbean coast amid the Nature Island’s vibrant capital city, Roseau. Featuring spacious mountain and ocean view rooms and a host of monumental experiences by both land and sea, the Fort Young is the ultimate island paradise for families, divers, adventurers and business travelers.Photos & VideosView Brochure
An Unrivaled Basecamp to Explore the Nature Island
Built in 1699 to protect the Nature Island, Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort has always commanded a position like no other. With local markets, thermal hot springs, waterfalls and coral reefs just minutes from the hotel entrance, Fort Young has ideal exposure to Dominica’s vibrant culture and natural wonders, yet affords guests a luxurious sense of seclusion.
With rugged pinnacles, drop-offs and abyss depths, Dominica’s waters are a paradise for divers and best experienced via Fort Young Dive and our partnership with Dive Dominica. The island has long been a treasured dive destination and Fort Young, with its prime location in the country’s capital city of Roseau along the shores of the Caribbean Sea, has played host to dive travelers from around the world for more than a decade.
- Rugged pinnacles make for spectacular and dramatic walls
- Color reefs and famous volcanic dive sites such as Champagne Reef that bubbles with volcanic activity
- Year-round whale watching, home to nearly 200 resident sperm whales, including in-water swimming with the whales by special permit with limited numbers and dates
- Boats leave for AM dives from our dock, via a partnership with Dive Dominica (PM on request)
- The island’s best dive sites within 10 to 20 minutes from the dock
- Unlimited shore diving right in front of the resort
- Nitrox and PADI Instructor on staff offering all levels of Certifications
- Modern Dive Gear rentals including guest gear storage with fully-stocked dive shop
- Modern fleet of dive boats, perfect for FIT and dive groups up to 40 divers
- PADI Dive Resort and PADI Dive Staff on boats with O2 and first aid kits, radios and all essential safety equipment
Land & Sea Adventures
Dominica is famous for the abundance of hidden treasures that lie within its lush landscape, and Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort has a front-row seat to it all. Offering 365 rivers, deep canyons beneath overflowing rainforest, a number of high-altitude lakes and a volcanic National Park, Dominica is home to endless opportunities for adventures, including:
- Swimming with the Whales
- Whale Watching
- Guided Tours
- Bird Watching
- Sea Turtle Watching
Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort is home to Roseau’s only waterfront dining destination: Palisades Restaurant. Here, guests and locals alike indulge in the fresh and flavorful cuisine of the Nature Island where panoramic ocean views are paired with inventive, locally sourced dishes. Among the top-rated culinary experiences on the island, The Palisades Restaurant delivers on its reputation as the must-try Dominica dining destination. For more casual eats and sips, take a seat at Warner’s Bar for a taste of their legendary rum punch while framed by serene ocean views or relax poolside at Jacko’s Bar with cocktails and light bites for a day well-spent soaking up the warm Dominica sun.
Spa & Wellness
Set upon one of the most unspoiled islands in the Caribbean, Dominica is a true fountain of youth. As such, Fort Young Hotel promotes an experience that is centered around both indulgence and well-being, offering vigorous yoga classes and an infinity pool and jacuzzi.
Events & Meetings
While Fort Young Hotel is set along Dominica’s most storied coastline, it is perfectly poised to create new stories for each and every welcomed guest. The ultimate locale to celebrate a wedding, honeymoon, family milestone, business meeting or corporate retreat, Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort boasts the most scenic function areas and the island’s largest meeting spaces to fulfill your travel needs and desires. Our facilities offer air-conditioned spaces, open-air restaurants and alfresco terraces that overlook the Caribbean Sea.
Dominica (pronounced Dom-in-ee-ka), otherwise known as the “Nature Island,” is where beautifully green landscapes, fascinating wildlife and life-altering activities await travelers of all kinds. Dominica is a world apart from the similarly-named Dominican Republic, with a never-ending list of land and sea adventures and a unique escape off the beaten track to explore the Caribbean beyond its renowned beaches. Here, guests have the opportunity to meander the island’s thermal hot springs, 365 rivers, dramatic waterfalls, secluded beaches, well-preserved colonial architecture, the last remaining home of the indigenous Kalinago people, and so much more.
Dominica has two airports:
- Douglas-Charles Airport (Dominica’s main airport, 1 hour 15 mins drive)
- Canefield Airport (15 minutes drive, serving select intra-regional routes)
- Roseau Ferry Terminal & Cruise Ship Berth (<5 mins walk)
International flights from North America and Europe connect to Dominica through hubs in Puerto Rico, Antigua, Barbados, St. Maarten, Guadeloupe and Martinique. Fast ferry service moves passengers between Dominica, Guadeloupe, Martinique, and St. Lucia on 300-seat catamarans.
The Fort Young Hotel Guest
The typical Fort Young Hotel guests are:
- Active Families
- Adventurous Couples
- Silver Travelers
- Divers, Hikers and Nature Enthusiasts
- Business Travelers
Fort Young Hotel & Dive Resort has been featured internationally, including the Financial Times, Forbes, PopSugar, The Guardian, and The Today Show. Among some of the resort’s recent press coverage:
- Barron’s Penta: Great Escapes: The Unspoiled, Rugged Beauty of Dominica —
“…The Palisades, a luxurious, open-air restaurant above Fort Young Hotel, with their Hot Rock Tuna, raw slices served alongside a super-heated stone for self-cooking.”
- Caribbean Journal: From The Bahamas to Antigua, the Caribbean’s Best Historic Hotels —
“The 70-room Fort Young is the heartbeat of Dominica’s capital, Roseau.”
- Islands: Best Honeymoon Destinations of 2019 —
“…settle into an oceanfront suite at Fort Young Hotel…”
- Jetsetter: Secret Caribbean Islands: 8 Hidden Gems Worth Seeking Out —
“As for where to stay, check into the Fort Young Hotel in the capital of Roseau, whose best rooms feature balconies overlooking the ocean.”
- Marie Claire UK: Welcome to Dominica, AKA ‘rainbow town’ —
“The location and views of the Caribbean are second-to-none and while rooms are simple and fairly no-frills, prices are reasonable and staff are friendly (they also serve a great poolside piña colada).”